Wednesday, May 18, 2005

before i go on...

so before i move forward in my blogging history, i thought necessary to share my thoughts on a comment to my priorities post from last week. here's the comment... oh, and thanks leif for sharing your thoughts.

Thought-provoking "snippette".

I'm curious what you meant at the end when you said, "i guess someone somewhere isn't retelling the proper message."

I have an sneaking suspicion that many people for a very long time have failed to retell the proper message.

I also think you can do a lot more with your actions than you can with your checkbook... especially if you're in college.

good stuff.

lemme answer your question, when i wrote, "i guess someone somewhere isn't retelling the proper message"... i was thinking about the someones that preach the "me first, then the kingdom come" message. i unfortnately can claim at one time or another i foolishly bought and sold this as the proper message. for which i am now ashamed. it's a cheap and easy message to buy and sell. the idea of cheap grace, which d. bonhoeffer writes about in his book the cost of discipleship. ...oh, and yes, your "sneaking suspicion" is rather true.

i also wanted to address what leif wrote at the end of his commment. i can (and so can anyone else) do much more with my actions than my checkbook... even if i'm not in college.

lemme give some ideas...

mission year
genesis expeditions
amor ministries
center for student missions


check 'em out. i'm sure if any of these organizations seem beyond your borders right now (which may be a good thing for one to explore why) there are plenty in your neighborhood for you to get active with.

alright that's 'nuff for now.

peace my friends, and play nice

1 Comments:

Blogger sknaB nolA said...

how have you participated with amor ministries in the past?

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home